Monday, October 15, 2007

Euro class vs. Euro trash

My second really bad haircut! As I mentioned this is my second bad haircut, I firmly believe my first bad haircut was exactly the same cut. So, really this is my second mullet. I could change my outlook on my "euro style cut" and call it, ''uber modern,'' however in the end every time I look in the mirror I see a mullet. My only consolation is in Italy the girl mullet is a rather common cut so now I am just more italianized. More and more people are now thinking that I am italian (which I revel in).


I am looking for a job now full time now. I have started to get really creative in my searching. I have come to realize that knowing people is half the battle here in Livorno. So, I have set out to conquer half the city. Everytime I meet someone new I am constantly trying to network and make connections. It has truly been a learning experience. I have distributed my flyers for private english lessons. I have attached them to every free light post, bus stop, library, and book store, etc. I have had many calls. First caller I quoted 30 euros an hour but nothing came to fruition. Much to my own chagrin I quoted 8 euros an hour to the second caller, really low balling it so I could get some work. He, of course, accepted because 8 euros as hour that is an incredible deal. But he has given me referrals whom I have quoted a higher price. I have also made flyers to babysit for 12 euros an hour. I am luckily still giving tours of Tuscany to groups of 50 or more. I have really enjoyed looking for work here and it has been such a learning experience about myself and my abilities to put myself out there. I have been surprised so many different times with my abilities and talents that have come out. For example ideas that i have had and the courage I have found to move them into action.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Surely with all of that work something will pan out sooner than later. I'll concentrate on your face, you look great.