Thursday, October 16, 2008

The police in SoCal

The police here in San Diego are so relaxed. There are no miles per hour signs on the road and every is a ''california stop offender.'' (I don't even know the speed limit here.) Only once a month I actually see someone pulled over. When I actually do see someone pulled over, I wonder what horrible driving offense they made!
Then this week, it was my turn. I was in LA and the flow of traffic was about 10 miles per hour on the 10, which is typical. I passed Mr. Policeman and he noticed my lack of seatbelt. I got a $150 ticket. UGH! This is my second no seat belt ticket. I am just really bad at wearing my seat belt.

5 comments:

Candace said...

Did you take this picture while he was writing your ticket?! I love it!!

Linds said...

You still haven't learned!

Natalie said...

STEPHANIE! You have to wear your seatbelt. I video taped Chad getting a ticket once.

The Funky Bunch said...

Awesome picture! Too bad it wasn't here in Utah...Mike doesn't write tickets for no seat belt...just a warning. And ouch...$150??? That's just wrong!

Oh and not to scare you or anything...but a cop here in Utah was in a chase with someone and ended up crashing. He WAS NOT wearing his seat belt and ended up passing away. He had 5 week old twin babies! SO WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!

Carlene said...

shame on you Stephanie. WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT. We certainly don't want anything to happen to you