Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I have a job!

With the current economic situation in California, it has been more than difficult to secure a decent job. Despite the fact that 212 teachers were cut from this district alone, I was able to secure a job in the school district. I am teaching Kindgarden! Something I never would have ever considered for myself. I was thinking back on my one elementary ed class; one week into the class I knew that Elementary Ed was not for me. I must say that teaching is what I love but I have never been so sure of my Secondary certification. Anyway, the kids are so cute! I really do love interacting with the kids! I am excited to finish out the school year here. More to come....

6 comments:

Berry Family said...

Congratulations onthe job! How fun.

The Jensen Fam said...

Kindergarden will be fun and full of cute little kid-os! Good luck!!

Autumn said...

Oh my word!! Congrats. How did you get a spot in the middle of the year? A pregnancy leave? I don't know how I feel about teaching. When teaching HS I kept thinking I should be in preschool. I don't think I could do el ed b/c of the multiple subjects in one day and all the planning. But there is something I love about teaching. I don't know-maybe the right school district? Good luck with the shoe tying. I hope the bunny story works well. I think a story similar to that helped me. I remember my mom telling me at the kitchen table-during my kindergarten year!

caitlin said...

I am so jealous! Though kindergarten is so hard. It takes alot of patience and time. The kids are cute though! Miss you and congrats on your job

The Nielsons said...

Congrats. Good Luck with your new job!!!! Have lots of fun!!!!

nateandcole said...

Hi Stephanie. I was excited to see your blog link on Autumn's page. You're teaching kindergarten? You're a patient person. How's life? Where are you living?
Colette (Butterfield) Miller (from Carriage House 207)