Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Will my clothes ever dry?

I am getting ready to leave and I am for once in my life starting early to pack and to get ready. Usually, I wait until the very last minute. I can't tell if it is because I am excited or if I have unexpectedly lost my procrastination. (Probably because I am excited). So, on Sunday I sorted through all the clothes I brought here. I have to wash everything in advance because it takes days to dry clothes here in Italy in the winter. There are no clothes dryers so everything is put up on a line. It is so humid here that nothing dries ever. My clothes have been on the line for three days and still not dry. I have to pack on Thursday, in two days and have no hope that they will be dry. I just don't know what to do at this point. I have started to bring clothing in and put them over all the furnaces but the state controls the furnaces and they only come on for a few hours a day and usually my timing is off.

3 comments:

Lindsay Coudron said...

so are you excited to come back? It would be great to get together some time.

Jennifer said...

Hello Steph-
I just found out you have a blog. So cool, I just made one this weekend, feel free to check it out, its linked from autumn's. So you are coming home huh? I would love to see you and hear all about your experience in italy. I want to come up to columbus to catch up!!! love, jenni (west) green

The Jensen Fam said...

Hi Stephanie.
It's Katie Jensen (Mylee's roomie). Yes, I'm still a Jensen. I married one!! I saw you had a blog linked from Mylee's and I had to check it out. You'll have to check mine out. The link is on Mylee's blog. That's awesome that you are in Italy. I love Italy, my dad actually sells Italian glass. You should check out his website. It's www.muranoglass.us.com. Anyways, just wanted to say hello!