Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My passport

When I was younger I used to wish for a passport full of stamps.

Today on my way to the airport I was glancing at my passport and I realized it is almost full. I remember wishing for a full passport when I was a kid. I remember looking at my dad’s passport and pondering all the places in the world that I have never seen. After fifteen years and an unexpected life later my prayer was answered. My passport is full of memories. My Italian visa, stamps from France, England (after dating Nickja from London half my passport is filled with stamps to england), Ireland, Germany, Switzerland and of course Italy. Each stamp has so many memories. I had so much fun looking back and reminiscing (rammentando) of my adventures.

I have left Italy. It has been heart-wrenching.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

My heart hurts for you too! I am so sorry that you have to leave the place that you love so deeply. But how wonderful that you have a life where you can return as often as you want!! I can't wait to see you, thank for stopping by my blog!!!

Autumn said...

That's great to have a full passport, I'm sure you have lots of pix to go with it. Where's the next stephy-adventure?

Berry Family said...

You sure haven been around the world! Wow!! That is awesome. The only place I have been over seas is Korea. I hope you have been enjoying your travels!!

Lindsay Coudron said...

I'm so glad that you have been able to experience the wonderful things that you have. I hope that someday I will HAVE a passport:) Welcome back!!! Where are you staying right now?